Here's a quick rundown of my favorite updates announced at Apple's annual WWDC.
- Xbox One and PS4 controller support for games
- watchOS App Store => Apple Watch Independence!
- streaming support
- menstrual cycle tracking
- system-wide dark mode
- built-in swipe typing
- Maps: favorites, collections, street view
- up to 30% faster Face ID
- up to 2x faster app launch
- Sign in with Apple button — privacy-focused version of "Sign in with Facebook/Twitter/Google"
- HomeKit Secure Video — store videos from HomeKit cameras to iCloud
- HomeKit support for routers
- iMessage Profiles — add your own display name, avatar. Only people in your contacts can see this.
- Memoji — makeup, hats, piercings
- Memoji stickers — automatically turns your memoji into a sticker pack with all standard emoji facial expressions
- Video editing in Photos app
- dual iCloud accounts per device (for personal and work)
- smaller volume HUD — changing volume doesn't bring the stupid dialog in the middle of the screen
- auto-announce messages on AirPods
- audio sharing — play your music on a friend's AirPods
- Music HandOff to HomePod — music on your iPhone will continue on your HomePod with a physical tap
- live radio stations on HomePod
- Siri Shortcut Events — automatically run shortcuts based on an event
- Voice ID for HomePod => multi-user support
- multiple windows for the same app
- easily switching Slide Over apps
- App Exposé
- Safari: download manager
- third-party font management
- built in Zip/Unzip files
- three-finger swipe gesture to undo/redo
- mouse support (hidden as accessibility option)
- iCloud Folder Sharing
- network drives support in Files app
- USB/SD drives support in Files app
- starts at $5,999
- $4,999 - $5,999 for 32" monitor
- $999 for monitor stand (LOL)
- Project Catalyst and SwiftUI— an easy way for developers to make apps for ALL of Apple's platforms! The future of the Apple ecosystem.
- SideCar — wirelessly use your iPad as a second monitor
- full voice control
- Find My - combines Find My iPhone, Find My Friends into one app. WORKS WITH OFFLINE DEVICES
- Activation Lock — like iOS, if someone steals your MacBook, you can lock it down so they cannot format your computer.
- approve with Apple Watch — like Unlock with Apple Watch but for EVERYTHING
- people inclusion — people are detected in real-time and AR elements can visibly work around people
- motion capture for people